The subscriber appears to absent, but only sometimes and at some locations.

The subscriber appears to absent, but only sometimes and at some locations.

Gabriel Gunderson-3
All,

I have a setup (happens to be domain base multi-tenancy) where we
occasionally have an issue where 1 or 2 (sometimes more) of the
extensions don't ring.

LOG: Can't find user [[hidden email]]
LOG: Cannot create outgoing channel of type [user] cause: [SUBSCRIBER_ABSENT]

Our bridge isn't anything special, but I put it out here so that
there's no question about what we're doing:

bridge(
[execute_on_originate=set_user::[hidden email]]user/[hidden email],
[execute_on_originate=set_user::[hidden email]]user/[hidden email],
[execute_on_originate=set_user::[hidden email]]user/[hidden email],
)

Anyway, some locations report that not all extensions are ringing.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern about when it occurs or what
extension it happens to. While it seems to be only a hand full of
them, I suspect that it's under reported.

I know the extensions are all registered and I've tried calling each
directly and they work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Gabe

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: The subscriber appears to absent, but only sometimes and at some locations.

Gabriel Gunderson-3
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Gabriel Gunderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyway, some locations report that not all extensions are ringing.
> There doesn't seem to be a pattern about when it occurs or what
> extension it happens to. While it seems to be only a hand full of
> them, I suspect that it's under reported.

So, I want to be careful when reporting this (I hate to give bad
info), but it seems like this might happen more with server load. Of
course it might also be that because we have more calls coming in that
there are more chances to notice it.

Anyone have ideas on why the random SUBSCRIBER_ABSENT? Can it be as
simple as the firewall? And if so, why wouldn't it be constant?

Thanks,
Gabe

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: The subscriber appears to absent, but only sometimes and at some locations.

Peter_liu
Hello, have you resolved this issue?

why the random SUBSCRIBER_ABSENT ????

this is my log:

 37580 8ff36176-c4d0-11e5-b6e5-5953d53aea9d EXECUTE sofia/external/13311526723@113.31.88.173:5072 bridge(user/63817035561626)
 37581 8ff36176-c4d0-11e5-b6e5-5953d53aea9d 2016-01-27 16:32:55.195690 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_originate.c:2101 Parsing global variables
 37582 8ff36176-c4d0-11e5-b6e5-5953d53aea9d 2016-01-27 16:32:55.215691 [WARNING] mod_dptools.c:4021 Can't find user [63817035561626@xxxx]