Splittng T1 Channels to eliminate 1 or more

Splittng T1 Channels to eliminate 1 or more

R1-Limited
I have a need to remove a Channel from a T1 Span is there an easy way to accomplish this as I get varying results.  How I establish this is to remove as example channel 5 as it is suspect for various complaints

in freetdm.conf I apply
b-channel => 2:1-4
b-channel => 2:6-23

It seems to load I do not see the channel reloading, I also want to validate in ftdm the channel is not used.  Of course I need the carrier to block inbound as well on that channel.

Thanks in advanced