Setting custom presence/BLF

François Delawarde
Hello,

Is it possible to modify the presence/BLF status of a specific directory
user, or of a virtual one?

Can it be done with ESL + custom presence event? Is there an API to
check/set presence status of a user (to use with an empty "virtual" user
just for BLF light)?

The purpose would be to control BLF lights on the phones to show custom
status like:
- show presence of endpoints connected to another FS
- light up if at least one of several phones (department) is in a call
- light up if coffee is ready
- ...

Thanks,
François.

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Setting custom presence/BLF

Colin Mason
Yes this can be done. I used this for a call centre application with Linksys 504G phones. I wrote a python script that is always running and uses ESL to listen for certain events and then changes the color/status of the BLF depending on whether the agent is logged in or out of the mod_callcenter queue.

I listen for 2 custom events that are called from the dialplan:
<action application="event" data="Event-Subclass=blf::red,Event-Name=CUSTOM,username=${caller_id_number}"/>

blf::green
blf::red

I also listen for 2 normal events:

sofia::register
PRESENCE_PROBE

When one of the custom BLF events is received I craft a PRESENCE_OUT events which sends a NOTIFY to the phones and changes the BLF color.

The reason I have to listen to the register and presence_probe events is because FreeSWITCH will override the BLF if I don't. When I receive one of these events I use mod_callcenter API commands to check if the agent is logged in or out and change the color of the BLF accordingly with a PRESENCE_OUT (notify) event.

Hope this helps.

Colin

Re: Setting custom presence/BLF

Dave R. Kompel
This is great info, but what I think what he was asking is how to make the PRESENCE_OUT. It's one of the things I have not been able to figure out from the wiki... Maybe you could give an example?

--Dave

Re: Setting custom presence/BLF

João Mesquita-2
Or maybe even share the script as a recipe?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 14, 2013, at 4:08 AM, "Dave R. Kompel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is great info, but what I think what he was asking is how to make the PRESENCE_OUT. It's one of the things I have not been able to figure out from the wiki... Maybe you could give an example?

--Dave

Re: Setting custom presence/BLF

Ednt
May I ask if you have the python script ?