Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

rex.alex
Hello,

I am trying to send alpha numeric characters when responding to an IVR like, "api uuid_send_dtmf 6a677f06-fa1a-4257-b566-32fe2715b3dc WMW081". But it is not recognizing whereas the numeric characters are getting recognized.

Please assist, how do I send?

Thanks,
Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

Brian West
You can't send non-dtmf via that... why are you wanting to do this?

/b

On Sep 21, 2010, at 10:30 AM, rex.alex wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to send alpha numeric characters when responding to an IVR like, "api uuid_send_dtmf 6a677f06-fa1a-4257-b566-32fe2715b3dc WMW081". But it is not recognizing whereas the numeric characters are getting recognized.
>
> Please assist, how do I send?
>
> Thanks,
> Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

rex.alex
Hello Brian,

It's an IVR which asks for an alpha numeric account number. But I am able to send it from xlite and the same is getting recognized, only when I am trying it through api it's not recognizing.

Otherwise suggest me an alternate

Thanks, Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

rex.alex
Hello Team,

Please guide me how to send alpha characters using uuid_send_dtmf, or if DTMF accepts only numeric characters, let me know how do I convert alpha to numeric.

Thanks,
Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

Brian West
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

/b

On Sep 22, 2010, at 2:46 PM, rex.alex wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> Please guide me how to send alpha characters using uuid_send_dtmf, or if DTMF accepts only numeric characters, let me know how do I convert alpha to numeric.
>
> Thanks,
> Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

David Ponzone
You have to use the traditional phone keypad letter-to-numeric mapping (look at your phone).
For example, if the account number is a123g, you would expect the customer to enter:
21234

Of course, this sequence can also be:
c123i
and lots of others, especially if the letters do not have fixed positions in your account id.

Then to validate the account number, you would need to ask for a password, and then to check if it matches at least one of the account in your DB, which is a security risk.
I would say it is minimal, but it depends on the application.
That's probably why all the services using DTMF always ask for numeric-only accounts and passwords.

David Ponzone  Direction Technique
tel:      01 74 03 18 97
gsm:   06 66 98 76 34

Service Client IPeva
tel:      0811 46 26 26

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.

Le 21/09/2010 à 21:02, rex.alex a écrit :

Hello Brian,

It's an IVR which asks for an alpha numeric account number. But I am able to send it from xlite and the same is getting recognized, only when I am trying it through api it's not recognizing.

Otherwise suggest me an alternate

Thanks, Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

rex.alex
Brian,

I am dialing an outbound number using api, where an IVR (which I don't have any control) is asks for the alpha numeric account number to enter, I am able to enter it through x-lite. But I want to send it through api.
How do send?

Thanks,
Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

David Ponzone
Rex,

please read my mail, and then look at a phone keypad, you will understand.

Le 23/09/2010 à 12:17, rex.alex a écrit :

Brian,

I am dialing an outbound number using api, where an IVR (which I don't have any control) is asks for the alpha numeric account number to enter, I am able to enter it through x-lite. But I want to send it through api.
How do send?

Thanks,
Rex

Re: Sending Alpha Numeric characters using uuid_send_dtmf

Alphonse
To send DTMF 'a123g' one has to enter '*21123*41'; Where *21 represents a and *41 represents g.