Sangoma USB FXO U100 + Asus notebook?

GillesToo
Hello

As an easy way to show a Freeswitch server to prospects, I'm thinking
of buying an Asus notebook along with a Sangom USB FXO gateway.

www.telephonydepot.com/Catalog/Sangoma/Sangoma-USB-FXO-U100-2-Port

If someone's been using those two thingies, I'm curious to know if
they happily run Freeswitch, or if I should look for some other hardware?

Thank you.

Re: Sangoma USB FXO U100 + Asus notebook?

Giovanni Maruzzelli
I, for one, run often FS  on an eeepc900 (one year old).
NEver tested max concurrent SIP calls, but for sure is able to run concurrently:
- one FS
- two SIP calls
- two Skypiax calls
- two linux Skype client instances
- two Skype calls

Also, I often use it to generate 6 or 8 concurrent Skype calls.

So, taking account of how heavy Skype is, it probably is able to run
FS with dozens concurrent SIP calls.
Gm

On 3/1/09, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> As an easy way to show a Freeswitch server to prospects, I'm thinking
> of buying an Asus notebook along with a Sangom USB FXO gateway.
>
> www.telephonydepot.com/Catalog/Sangoma/Sangoma-USB-FXO-U100-2-Port
>
> If someone's been using those two thingies, I'm curious to know if
> they happily run Freeswitch, or if I should look for some other hardware?
>
> Thank you.

Sent from my mobile device

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
www.celliax.org
via Pierlombardo 9, 20135 Milano
Italy
gmaruzz at celliax dot org
Cell : +39-347-2665618
Fax : +39-02-87390039

Re: Sangoma USB FXO U100 + Asus notebook?

Gopal krishnan-2
Hi Fred,

   Yes you can use Sangoma USB FXO with your laptop. You need to install openzap for this. But for testing you can use this driver. Still there is some issue with Openzap with FS as for as I used. while installing Sangoma USB FXO device you need to use beta drivers.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

As an easy way to show a Freeswitch server to prospects, I'm thinking
of buying an Asus notebook along with a Sangom USB FXO gateway.

www.telephonydepot.com/Catalog/Sangoma/Sangoma-USB-FXO-U100-2-Port

If someone's been using those two thingies, I'm curious to know if
they happily run Freeswitch, or if I should look for some other hardware?

Thank you.

Thank you  with regards,
Gopal,
PeopleTech Systems Private Limited