Re: Adding an info digit to sip from

Josh Forman
The problem here is that what you are showing me produces:

From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
To: <sip:[hidden email];this=rocks>

when what I need to output would look like this:

From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3;this=rocks>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
To: <sip:[hidden email]>

with the "this=rocks" in the FROM field, not the TO field.
I know that you can change parts of the from field by setting
effective_caller_id_name and effective_caller_id_number, but I don't
know how I would add that bit of data to the end of the SIP URI inside
the < >
Is there a variable that I could set or perhaps some method similar to
overwriting the To header shown at http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia#Modifying_the_To
:_header that can be used to accomplish this?

Thanks
Josh

On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:35 PM, [hidden email]
  wrote:

>> Message: 3
>> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:29:26 -0600
>> From: Brian West <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Adding an info digit to sip from
>>       header
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> You can do something like this "sofia/blah/somenumber@someip:
>> 5060;this=rocks"
>>
>> /b
>>
>> On Feb 25, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Josh Forman wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to edit the sip headers to make the from field look like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> From: <sip:SOMENUMBER@SOMEIP:5060;isup-oli=27>;tag=gK0a00d6ea.
>>>
>>> I know that to read that data on an incoming sip message it is in $
>>> {sip_from_params}, but how can I add the ;isup-oli=27 part on an
>>> outgoing message?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Josh
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:53:39 -0600
> From: Brian West <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Adding an info digit to sip from
>        header
> To: [hidden email]
>
> It will actually add it to both places
>
> INVITE sip:[hidden email];this=rocks SIP/2.0
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 99.185.85.3;rport;branch=z9hG4bK0Kaa1322U42eK
> Max-Forwards: 69
> From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
> To: <sip:[hidden email];this=rocks>
>
> I verified it does indeed add it in both places.
>
> /b
>

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Josh Forman wrote:
>
>> Which variable would I need to set via the dialplan to do this
>> though?  Your example looks like it would be the dialstring for the
>> bridge application but if that works it would probably be added to
>> the
>> To header instead of the From, right?  I can't be sure since nothing
>> I've tried has had any affect.
>> Between looking at the wiki and random experimenting I haven't found
>> anything that works thus far.

Re: Adding an info digit to sip from

SP-5
<action application="export" data="sip_invite_domain=some.domain;this=rocks"/>

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 13:51, Josh Forman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The problem here is that what you are showing me produces:
>
> From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
> To: <sip:[hidden email];this=rocks>
>
> when what I need to output would look like this:
>
> From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3;this=rocks>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
> To: <sip:[hidden email]>
>
> with the "this=rocks" in the FROM field, not the TO field.
> I know that you can change parts of the from field by setting
> effective_caller_id_name and effective_caller_id_number, but I don't
> know how I would add that bit of data to the end of the SIP URI inside
> the < >
> Is there a variable that I could set or perhaps some method similar to
> overwriting the To header shown at http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia#Modifying_the_To
> :_header that can be used to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
> Josh
>
> On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:35 PM, [hidden email]
>  wrote:
>
>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:29:26 -0600
>>> From: Brian West <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Adding an info digit to sip from
>>>       header
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> You can do something like this "sofia/blah/somenumber@someip:
>>> 5060;this=rocks"
>>>
>>> /b

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:53:39 -0600
>> From: Brian West <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Adding an info digit to sip from
>>        header
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> It will actually add it to both places
>>
>> INVITE sip:[hidden email];this=rocks SIP/2.0
>> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 99.185.85.3;rport;branch=z9hG4bK0Kaa1322U42eK
>> Max-Forwards: 69
>> From: "1004" <sip:1004@99.185.85.3>;tag=1SparjgraS69m
>> To: <sip:[hidden email];this=rocks>
>>
>> I verified it does indeed add it in both places.
>>
>> /b
>>

>> On Feb 25, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Josh Forman wrote:
>>
>>> Which variable would I need to set via the dialplan to do this
>>> though?  Your example looks like it would be the dialstring for the
>>> bridge application but if that works it would probably be added to
>>> the
>>> To header instead of the From, right?  I can't be sure since nothing
>>> I've tried has had any affect.
>>> Between looking at the wiki and random experimenting I haven't found
>>> anything that works thus far.

Shannon

Re: Adding an info digit to sip from

Brian West
SP,
        That won't go into the from.  You can't add params to the from unless
you have svn rev 12287 or higher.  I added the ability to set
"sip_invite_params, sip_invite_to_params, sip_invite_from_params" to
sofia_glue.c,  I added two lines and changed two lines to make this
possible.

So to be clear:

sip_invite_params will set params on the request URI,
sip_invite_to_params will set params on the to URI,
sip_invite_from_params will set params on the from URI.

(someone wiki this)

http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/FreeSWITCH/src/mod/endpoints/mod_sofia/sofia_glue.c?r1=12235&r2=12287

     <extension name="test">
       <condition field="destination_number" expression="^869$">
         <action application="export"
data="sip_invite_to_params=this=kewl;that=iskewl"/>
         <action application="bridge" data="sofia/internal/[hidden email]
"/>
       </condition>
     </extension>

You brought up a good point that it wasn't possible but when I looked
at the code it was fairly simple to add support for it so I did.

Please check out that Donate button on the home page! ;)

/b

PS: Its MikeJ's birthday today!

On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:13 PM, SP wrote:

> <action application="export"
> data="sip_invite_domain=some.domain;this=rocks"/>

Re: Adding an info digit to sip from

Brian West
I also realized I broke backwards compatibility for anyone using
sip_invite_params so I corrected that in rev 12288

/b