RTP Over VPN Split Tunnel

Peter-2
This is not a direct FreeSWITCH question, but was hoping someone might have set up a similar configuration.

Currently I have a FS server where SIP clients (Linphone) register to via a Cisco AnyConnect VPN.  I have inbound-bypass-media set to true so that RTP traffic is peer to peer.

If I tunnel all traffic, the SIP transport and RTP media works just fine.

If I set up a VPN split tunnel that allows the subnets of the VPN client and the FS server, the SIP signalling is fine, but in the SDP, it specifies a non VPN address, eg:

INVITE [hidden email];transport=udp SIP/2.0
   Via: SIP/2.0 10.1.254.36:53036;branch=z9hG4bK.GRrzYXeCN;rport
   From: <[hidden email]>;tag=cN83ZcmHw
   To: [hidden email]
   CSeq: 20 INVITE
   Call-ID: e7eEYxoML2
   Max-Forwards: 70
   Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, INFO
   Contact: <sip:1001@10.1.254.36:53036;transport=udp>;+sip.instance="<urn:uuid:83c4b823-9c0d-4e02-b7f7-cdd3ae2f1259>"

   v=0
   o=1001 3921 1865 IN IP4 [ISP address]
   s=Talk
   c=IN IP4 [ISP address]
   b=AS:380
   t=0 0
   m=audio 1031 RTP/SAVP 0 8 100 101
   a=rtpmap:100 iLBC/8000
   a=fmtp:100 mode=30
   a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
   a=fmtp:101 0-11
   a=rtcp:7079 IN IP4 [wireless IP address]

I'm not very familiar with how the SDP is constructed, but I'm assuming that it's the SIP client that's responsible for offering it's IP addresses.

Are there any FreeSWITCH settings that would affect the IP addresses in the SDP?

Thanks

Peter

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: RTP Over VPN Split Tunnel

Veniamin (Benjamin) Beskrovny
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_negotiation#Rewriting_SDP maybe?

On 9/5/13, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is not a direct FreeSWITCH question, but was hoping someone might have
> set up a similar configuration.
>
> Currently I have a FS server where SIP clients (Linphone) register to via a
> Cisco AnyConnect VPN.  I have inbound-bypass-media set to true so that RTP
> traffic is peer to peer.
>

> If I tunnel all traffic, the SIP transport and RTP media works just fine.
>
> If I set up a VPN split tunnel that allows the subnets of the VPN client
> and the FS server, the SIP signalling is fine, but in the SDP, it specifies
> a non VPN address, eg:
>
> INVITE sips:1004@10.1.1.204;transport=udp SIP/2.0
>    Via: SIP/2.0 10.1.254.36:53036;branch=z9hG4bK.GRrzYXeCN;rport
>    From: <sip:1001@10.1.1.204>;tag=cN83ZcmHw
>    To: sip:1004@10.1.1.204
>    CSeq: 20 INVITE
>    Call-ID: e7eEYxoML2
>    Max-Forwards: 70
>    Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, MESSAGE,
> SUBSCRIBE, INFO
>    Contact: <sip:1001@10.1.254.36:53036
> ;transport=udp>;+sip.instance="<urn:uuid:83c4b823-9c0d-4e02-b7f7-cdd3ae2f1259>"
>
>    v=0
>    o=1001 3921 1865 IN IP4 [ISP address]
>    s=Talk
>    c=IN IP4 [ISP address]
>    b=AS:380
>    t=0 0
>    m=audio 1031 RTP/SAVP 0 8 100 101
>    a=rtpmap:100 iLBC/8000
>    a=fmtp:100 mode=30
>    a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>    a=fmtp:101 0-11
>    a=rtcp:7079 IN IP4 [wireless IP address]
>

> I'm not very familiar with how the SDP is constructed, but I'm assuming
> that it's the SIP client that's responsible for offering it's IP addresses.
>
> Are there any FreeSWITCH settings that would affect the IP addresses in the
> SDP?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: RTP Over VPN Split Tunnel

Michael Jerris
Administrator
if your talking about the media still hitting fs but through a
different ip that isn't going through VPN, you should be able to work
this out by adjusting rtp-ip param

On Sep 5, 2013, at 7:52 AM, "Veniamin (Benjamin) Beskrovny"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_negotiation#Rewriting_SDP maybe?
>
> On 9/5/13, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This is not a direct FreeSWITCH question, but was hoping someone might have
>> set up a similar configuration.
>>
>> Currently I have a FS server where SIP clients (Linphone) register to via a
>> Cisco AnyConnect VPN.  I have inbound-bypass-media set to true so that RTP
>> traffic is peer to peer.
>>

>> If I tunnel all traffic, the SIP transport and RTP media works just fine.
>>
>> If I set up a VPN split tunnel that allows the subnets of the VPN client
>> and the FS server, the SIP signalling is fine, but in the SDP, it specifies
>> a non VPN address, eg:
>>
>> INVITE sips:1004@10.1.1.204;transport=udp SIP/2.0
>>   Via: SIP/2.0 10.1.254.36:53036;branch=z9hG4bK.GRrzYXeCN;rport
>>   From: <sip:1001@10.1.1.204>;tag=cN83ZcmHw
>>   To: sip:1004@10.1.1.204
>>   CSeq: 20 INVITE
>>   Call-ID: e7eEYxoML2
>>   Max-Forwards: 70
>>   Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, MESSAGE,
>> SUBSCRIBE, INFO
>>   Contact: <sip:1001@10.1.254.36:53036
>> ;transport=udp>;+sip.instance="<urn:uuid:83c4b823-9c0d-4e02-b7f7-cdd3ae2f1259>"
>>
>>   v=0
>>   o=1001 3921 1865 IN IP4 [ISP address]
>>   s=Talk
>>   c=IN IP4 [ISP address]
>>   b=AS:380
>>   t=0 0
>>   m=audio 1031 RTP/SAVP 0 8 100 101
>>   a=rtpmap:100 iLBC/8000
>>   a=fmtp:100 mode=30
>>   a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>>   a=fmtp:101 0-11
>>   a=rtcp:7079 IN IP4 [wireless IP address]
>>

>> I'm not very familiar with how the SDP is constructed, but I'm assuming
>> that it's the SIP client that's responsible for offering it's IP addresses.
>>
>> Are there any FreeSWITCH settings that would affect the IP addresses in the
>> SDP?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Peter

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: RTP Over VPN Split Tunnel

Peter-2
Hi Michael.

I have rtp-ip set to the VPN IP address.   Is there any other setting I can try?

Thanks

Peter

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> SDP?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Peter

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

are you trying to send the media over the vpn now or peer to peer?  do you still have inbound-bypass-media set to true?  Peer to peer may never work depending on what is in the original sdp of the clients.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

My goal is to have SIP and media go over the split tunnel VPN, with the SIP traffic going through FS (which it does) and the RTP stream between the VPN IP addresses of the two endpoints.

I have inbound-bypass-media set to true as I don't want the media to go via FS.

Does that make sense?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

It only makes sense if the endpoints are giving out the vpn addresses as their rtp addresses in the sdp.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

Angel Sotirov
   Does your client see each other can UDP traffic pass from one client to the other? You mentioned any connect so my guess is you have a cisco router/firewall before FS and all your problems reside there. We have very similar setup that actually works with bypass media true.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

Agreed that if the clients gave out the vpn addresses in the SDP, it would be fine.

I tried with csipsimple, and it has a whole bunch of useful settings, including "Allow SDP NAT rewrite", which does:

Fix the address sent in the SDP to use the same interface address as the one in the REGISTER request.

Unfortunately Linphone doesn't have a similar setting, so the only way I can see to get it working is to rewrite the SDP in FreeSWITCH.   Just need to work out how to do that.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server

Proano_89
I have just started using the Expressvpn netflix and it works amazingly. I can enjoy all my Canadian shows with it. Even it offers multi login facility so I use it on android phone as well. Supports all the devices wonderful. Very happy with its services.