RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Michael Toop-3
Hi,

 When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:

   m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101


 Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).

Thanks,

Michael


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org

txtTrace.txt (27K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Kristian Kielhofner-3
Can you post a console log with siptrace enabled:

sofia global siptrace on

It looks like FreeSWITCH is getting that SDP from somewhere else.  0
as the port number, G729 as dynamic payload type 96...  It's
completely messed up and I've never seen FreeSWITCH generate an SDP
like this.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>  When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting
> '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
>    m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
> Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
>
>  Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
> UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
> http://www.freeswitch.org
>
>



--
Kristian Kielhofner


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Michael Toop-3
Hi Kristian,

 Thanks for your input, please find trace attached as requested with sofia SIP trace on.

 I have gone through it again & don't see the SDP arriving wrong.

 Let me know what else I can do to assist.

Kind Regards,

Michael

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Kristian Kielhofner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you post a console log with siptrace enabled:

sofia global siptrace on

It looks like FreeSWITCH is getting that SDP from somewhere else.  0
as the port number, G729 as dynamic payload type 96...  It's
completely messed up and I've never seen FreeSWITCH generate an SDP
like this.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting
> '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
>    m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
> Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
>
>  Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
> UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
> http://www.freeswitch.org
>
>



--
Kristian Kielhofner


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org



FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org

fs_logs_with_sip_debug.txt.zip (11K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

chrisbware
In reply to this post by Michael Toop-3
Even payload type 96 for G729 sounds strange to me.
How did you set  rtp-start-portand
rtp-end-port ? 


 


 
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Michael Toop <[hidden email]>
Inviato il: 26 Ott 2011 - 05:00
A: FreeSWITCH Users Help <[hidden email]>


Hi,

 When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
   m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
 Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
Thanks,
Michael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valore legale alle tue mail
InterfreePEC - la tua Posta Elettronica Certificata
http://pec.interfree.it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Steve Kurzeja
In reply to this post by Michael Toop-3
Hi Michael, this is the behavior I've seen if there's a bad IANA name in the rtpmap for G729 and from your logs it looks like this is the case - G729a is being presented (a=rtpmap:18 G729a/8000)

Turn on bad IANA name support (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/NDLB#NDLB-allow-bad-iananame)  in your SIP profile(s).

<param name="NDLB-allow-bad-iananame" value="true"/>

Regards,
Steve


On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kristian,

 Thanks for your input, please find trace attached as requested with sofia SIP trace on.

 I have gone through it again & don't see the SDP arriving wrong.

 Let me know what else I can do to assist.

Kind Regards,

Michael


On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Kristian Kielhofner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you post a console log with siptrace enabled:

sofia global siptrace on

It looks like FreeSWITCH is getting that SDP from somewhere else.  0
as the port number, G729 as dynamic payload type 96...  It's
completely messed up and I've never seen FreeSWITCH generate an SDP
like this.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting
> '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
>    m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
> Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
>
>  Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
> UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
> http://www.freeswitch.org
>
>



--
Kristian Kielhofner


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org



FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org




FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Michael Toop-3
In reply to this post by chrisbware
Hi,

 Start & stop RTP ports are commented out in switch.conf so must be the defaults, 16384 & 32768.

 I have also tried the NDLB-allow-bad-iananame suggestion & have the same results, see SIP trace here: http://pastebin.com/vdztr7cf

 What is very strange about this issue it only happens on certain routes i.e. the SDP of the B leg of the call is somehow breaking things.  Really at a loss here.

Cheers,

Michael



On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Even payload type 96 for G729 sounds strange to me.
How did you set  rtp-start-portand
rtp-end-port ? 


 


 
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Michael Toop <[hidden email]>
Inviato il: 26 Ott 2011 - 05:00
A: FreeSWITCH Users Help <[hidden email]>



Hi,

 When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
   m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
 Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
Thanks,
Michael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valore legale alle tue mail
InterfreePEC - la tua Posta Elettronica Certificata
http://pec.interfree.it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org




FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Michael Toop-3
Hi,

 Is there someone in the list interested in some consulting work to assist me to get to the bottom of this problem?

 Happy to pay for assistance here.

Thanks,

Michael

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

 Start & stop RTP ports are commented out in switch.conf so must be the defaults, 16384 & 32768.

 I have also tried the NDLB-allow-bad-iananame suggestion & have the same results, see SIP trace here: http://pastebin.com/vdztr7cf

 What is very strange about this issue it only happens on certain routes i.e. the SDP of the B leg of the call is somehow breaking things.  Really at a loss here.

Cheers,

Michael



On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Even payload type 96 for G729 sounds strange to me.
How did you set  rtp-start-portand
rtp-end-port ? 


 


 
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Michael Toop <[hidden email]>
Inviato il: 26 Ott 2011 - 05:00
A: FreeSWITCH Users Help <[hidden email]>



Hi,

 When initiating a call from Freeswitch to a provider, Freeswitch is putting '0'/ zero in the media port.  This looks like a bug to me.:
   m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
Media Description, name and address (m): audio 0 RTP/AVP 96 101
 Txt based SIP trace attached (not sure how to scrub pcap files of IPs).
Thanks,
Michael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valore legale alle tue mail
InterfreePEC - la tua Posta Elettronica Certificata
http://pec.interfree.it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------






FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Brian West
Its not a bug.  zero is an indication that we rejected the media.  
/b

On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:07 AM, Michael Toop wrote:

Hi,

Is there someone in the list interested in some consulting work to assist
me to get to the bottom of this problem?

Happy to pay for assistance here.

Thanks,

Michael



FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Michael Toop-3
Hi Brian,

Surely FS should tear down the call if the media is not suitable?  I now see that 'G729a' does not conform to the IANA standard and is wrong.

Let me get the m attribute fixed in the SDP & I will let you know.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Michael

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Brian West <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its not a bug.  zero is an indication that we rejected the media.  
/b

On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:07 AM, Michael Toop wrote:

Hi,

Is there someone in the list interested in some consulting work to assist
me to get to the bottom of this problem?

Happy to pay for assistance here.

Thanks,

Michael



FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org




FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

Steve Kurzeja
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Michael Toop <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brian,

Surely FS should tear down the call if the media is not suitable?  I now see that 'G729a' does not conform to the IANA standard and is wrong.


Yeh, I've actually seen this issue before in proxy media mode with bad iana name flag enabled (which actually means fix specifically the string "g729a" to "g729") where the 200 OK or 183 response with SDP gets broken on the way back. By broken the SDP on the response to the B leg changes to dynamic payload type 96 and rtp port 0 instead of payload type 18/non-zero rtp port.

There's something I think in the sofia libs which is validating the SDP - even though technically in proxy media mode the codec list should just get passed through. I haven't yet found exactly where this is yet.

 
Let me get the m attribute fixed in the SDP & I will let you know.



With the correct iana name in the rtpmap then I think your problem will go away, assuming you control the endpoints in your environment and can change them to originate the call with the correct iana name in the rtpmap then I think your problem will go away.

Or you could turn on full media mode too which would solve it but you just need to be careful with codec negotiation at that point.

 
Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Michael

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Brian West <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its not a bug.  zero is an indication that we rejected the media.  
/b

On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:07 AM, Michael Toop wrote:

Hi,

Is there someone in the list interested in some consulting work to assist
me to get to the bottom of this problem?

Happy to pay for assistance here.

Thanks,

Michael






FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org




FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RTP Media Port = 0 Bug

allen
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Michael Toop-3
I have similiar problem:
I found when nua_respond 200k with SOATAG_USER_SDP_STR, the sdp port  will be changed to zero. (proxy media).
which code in sofia modified sdp?

below is original sdp and changed sdp:
1. orignal sdp
v=0
o=FreeSWITCH 1070597363 1070597364 IN IP4 192.168.0.106
s=FreeSWITCH
c=IN IP4 192.168.0.106
t=0 0
m=audio 24354 RTP/AVPF 8 0 101
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000/1
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000/1
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000/1
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=minptime:1
a=maxptime:255
a=silenceSupp:off - - - -
a=acfg:1 t=1
a=rtcp-mux
a=ssrc:611149302 cname:fb19814785d11318c2095e7ab3490d02
a=ssrc:611149302 mslabel:6994f7d1-6ce9-4fbd-acfd-84e5131ca2e2
a=ssrc:611149302 label:doubango@audio
m=video 24356 RTP/AVPF 100 34 103
a=rtpmap:100 VP8/90000
a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000
a=fmtp:34 CIF=2;QCIF=2;SQCIF=2
a=rtpmap:103 H263-1998/90000
a=fmtp:103 CIF=2;QCIF=2;SQCIF=2
a=rtcp-fb:* ccm fir
a=rtcp-fb:* nack
a=rtcp-fb:* goog-remb
a=label:66
a=content:main
a=imageattr:100 recv [x=[128:16:640],y=[96:16:480]] send [x=[128:16:640],y=[96:16:480]]
a=acfg:1 t=1
a=rtcp-mux
a=ssrc:1677343036 cname:031d8c30f36003061c5074d9d3abdd69
a=ssrc:1677343036 mslabel:6994f7d1-6ce9-4fbd-acfd-84e5131ca2e2
a=ssrc:1677343036 label:doubango@video

2. changed sdp:

v=0
o=doubango 1983 678903 IN IP4 192.168.0.108
s=-
c=IN IP4 192.168.0.108
t=0 0
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 8 0 101
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 100 34 103