Orginate: getting status of call fail

Nik Middleton

Hi Guys,

I’ve been running a test script written in lua which now works very well thanks to Anthony’s fix to stream file.

Right now I’m using an event socket to initiate the call and passing the name of the script along with originate thus:

$dialstring = "originate {ignore_early_media=true,origination,originate_timeout=25}sofia/gateway/Mygw/phonenum '&lua(helloworld.lua )'";

$result = $obj ->bgapi_command($dialstring);

The script gets fired (it would appear) on answer.  However, if the number is invalid , timed out or was busy, I’m not sure the script gets executed or am I wrong?

I want to be able to fire an event back on what happed to the call in the event that it failed for whatever reason.

I know I can simply call the originate and pass the number as an argument and execute the dial within the script but I’m led to believe that’s not very efficient, or am I completely wrong?

Looking for the most FS friendly way here

Re: Orginate: getting status of call fail

Anthony Minessale
The best way would be to add a few custom variables and add a secondary system that monitors the CDR data and uses the
custom variables to identify what you want to do with the failed calls.

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Nik Middleton <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
[hidden email]
GTALK/JABBER/[hidden email]
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
[hidden email]
iax:guest@.../888
[hidden email]
pstn:213-799-1400

Re: Orginate: getting status of call fail

Nik Middleton

That’s what I was wondering, however, won’t the response to the bagi (not the initial) give me the info on the call result?

Regards