Need help testing GV features

mercutioviz
Hello all!

Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV account go to your FreeSWITCH system! I've added some instructions on this page:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice

I need people who have GV accounts to test this out. You'll need to install gnutls and gnutls-devel in order to use mod_dingaling for this. Be sure to load gnutls and then rebuild mod_dingaling.

Please test out and give me your feedback. I can consistently make outbound calls but inbound calls have been hit and miss for me. (I think I have a network issue which is why I want some others to try things out.) Please let me know how if you are able to make it work. If you have improvements to the docs then by all means add them.

When I get this all polished off I will blast it out over the 'Net. :)

Thanks!

-Michael

Re: Need help testing GV features

Henry Huang-2

I can't find where I would be able activate the US calling feature on gmail?

2010-9-4 上午9:58在 "Chris Chen" <[hidden email]> 提到:

Hi Michael, I followed your instructions on WIKI, it has been working fine during the couple of calls I have made so far.

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Michael Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV acco...

Re: Need help testing GV features

mazilo
mercutioviz wrote
Hello all!

Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV
account go to your FreeSWITCH system!
Is that so. It would really be a plus feature! If you can provide the link to his codes, that will be great.

I've added some instructions on this
page:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice

I need people who have GV accounts to test this out.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test this as my FS hosted on a Seagate DockStar keeps crashing when enable with mod_dingaling even though it is installed with the above requirement libraries.
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.

Re: Need help testing GV features

mercutioviz

Re: Need help testing GV features

curriegrad2004
All is fine on my side.

I knew this would happen one day :)

Re: Need help testing GV features

stephen at stephenjc
I am unable to answer the coming call. i have a JIRA open.

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/MODENDP-325

Thanks,
Stephen C
-All of my email addresses go to the same place
-Save Paper, think before you print

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Jeffrey Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All is fine on my side.
>
> I knew this would happen one day :)
>
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Michael Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is that so. It would really be a plus feature! If you can provide the link
>>>
>>> to his codes, that will be great.
>>
>> Outbound gmail/goog voice:
>> http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git/?cs=ba0a2a32ba29d19cbb21f17ad31b42a093398d7d
>> http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git/?cs=9af30563e29bc250d2ef75d06e593774811e4699
>>
>> Inbound goog voice:
>> http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git/?cs=4ee68141d794dd4a296792e0b81c5a20a95d5d89
>>
>> -MC

Re: Need help testing GV features

Brian West
You didn't set the ext-rtp-ip I suspect and you're behind nat aren't you?

/b

On Sep 5, 2010, at 8:48 AM, stephen at stephenjc wrote:

> I am unable to answer the coming call. i have a JIRA open.
>
> http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/MODENDP-325
>

> Thanks,
> Stephen C
> -All of my email addresses go to the same place
> -Save Paper, think before you print

Re: Need help testing GV features

stephen at stephenjc
I have    <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="$${external_rtp_ip}"/> and
no nat, its a public IP.

Thanks for the above links. BTW, what does it take to be able to access the above links? I tried with Firefox and got a message saying Repository Not Running.
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.

Re: Need help testing GV features

jesse zhao
followed the instructions , but always get unconnected status:

freeswitch@kmdb> dingaling status

--DingaLing status--
login   |       connected
[hidden email]/talk       |       UNCONNECTED

I am sure user name and password is correct.

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Michael Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV
> account go to your FreeSWITCH system! I've added some instructions on this
> page:
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice
>
> I need people who have GV accounts to test this out. You'll need to install
> gnutls and gnutls-devel in order to use mod_dingaling for this. Be sure to
> load gnutls and then rebuild mod_dingaling.
>
> Please test out and give me your feedback. I can consistently make outbound
> calls but inbound calls have been hit and miss for me. (I think I have a
> network issue which is why I want some others to try things out.) Please let
> me know how if you are able to make it work. If you have improvements to the
> docs then by all means add them.
>
> When I get this all polished off I will blast it out over the 'Net. :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Michael

Re: Need help testing GV features

jesse zhao
maybe my freeswitch was running in non-root account. After
re-installation of FS as root and now I was able to dial out via GV.

issue for dial-in by call GV number: extension 1000 is ringing, answer
the call in x-lite client, land-line phone side still hears ringing
sound, then shortly the call get disconnect

-jesse

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> followed the instructions , but always get unconnected status:
>
> freeswitch@kmdb> dingaling status
>
> --DingaLing status--
> login   |       connected
> [hidden email]/talk       |       UNCONNECTED
>
> I am sure user name and password is correct.
>

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Michael Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV
>> account go to your FreeSWITCH system! I've added some instructions on this
>> page:
>>
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice
>>
>> I need people who have GV accounts to test this out. You'll need to install
>> gnutls and gnutls-devel in order to use mod_dingaling for this. Be sure to
>> load gnutls and then rebuild mod_dingaling.
>>
>> Please test out and give me your feedback. I can consistently make outbound
>> calls but inbound calls have been hit and miss for me. (I think I have a
>> network issue which is why I want some others to try things out.) Please let
>> me know how if you are able to make it work. If you have improvements to the
>> docs then by all means add them.
>>
>> When I get this all polished off I will blast it out over the 'Net. :)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Michael

Re: Need help testing GV features

stephen at stephenjc
I have the same problem with the calling coming in but the land line
still ringing. I have a JIRA issue open with logs and a packet
capture.

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> maybe my freeswitch was running in non-root account. After
> re-installation of FS as root and now I was able to dial out via GV.
>
> issue for dial-in by call GV number: extension 1000 is ringing, answer
> the call in x-lite client, land-line phone side still hears ringing
> sound, then shortly the call get disconnect
>
> -jesse
>

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> followed the instructions , but always get unconnected status:
>>
>> freeswitch@kmdb> dingaling status
>>
>> --DingaLing status--
>> login   |       connected
>> [hidden email]/talk       |       UNCONNECTED
>>
>> I am sure user name and password is correct.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Michael Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello all!
>>>
>>> Tony is at it again. He's added the ability to have incoming calls from a GV
>>> account go to your FreeSWITCH system! I've added some instructions on this
>>> page:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice
>>>
>>> I need people who have GV accounts to test this out. You'll need to install
>>> gnutls and gnutls-devel in order to use mod_dingaling for this. Be sure to
>>> load gnutls and then rebuild mod_dingaling.
>>>
>>> Please test out and give me your feedback. I can consistently make outbound
>>> calls but inbound calls have been hit and miss for me. (I think I have a
>>> network issue which is why I want some others to try things out.) Please let
>>> me know how if you are able to make it work. If you have improvements to the
>>> docs then by all means add them.
>>>
>>> When I get this all polished off I will blast it out over the 'Net. :)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Michael

Re: Need help testing GV features

Anthony Minessale
yah that's a limitation of jingle.
There is no notion of proceeding and answered etc in jingle.
There is just connect and accept and so you can get this when the
google side has a problem and never know why.

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:07 PM, stephen at stephenjc
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the same problem with the calling coming in but the land line
> still ringing. I have a JIRA issue open with logs and a packet
> capture.
>

> Thanks,
> Stephen C
> -All of my email addresses go to the same place
> -Save Paper, think before you print
>

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> maybe my freeswitch was running in non-root account. After
>> re-installation of FS as root and now I was able to dial out via GV.
>>
>> issue for dial-in by call GV number: extension 1000 is ringing, answer
>> the call in x-lite client, land-line phone side still hears ringing
>> sound, then shortly the call get disconnect
>>
>> -jesse
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> followed the instructions , but always get unconnected status:
>>>
>>> freeswitch@kmdb> dingaling status
>>>
>>> --DingaLing status--
>>> login   |       connected
>>> [hidden email]/talk       |       UNCONNECTED
>>>
>>> I am sure user name and password is correct.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:[hidden email]
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:[hidden email]
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:[hidden email]
googletalk:[hidden email]
pstn:+19193869900

Re: Need help testing GV features

Anthony Cosgrove
On another note, GV is expecting you to press 1 to take the call or 2 to
send to voicemail. It seems the minute FS accepts the call whether or
not you have answered the channel GV is expecting that input. To test
this I directed a jingle call directly to one of my registered
extensions. After picking up the call I heard the tail end of the
announcement. Sometimes I'd get silence but after pressing 1 the call
would bridge.

Anthony C.

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 10:58 -0500, Anthony Minessale wrote:

> yah that's a limitation of jingle.
> There is no notion of proceeding and answered etc in jingle.
> There is just connect and accept and so you can get this when the
> google side has a problem and never know why.
>

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:07 PM, stephen at stephenjc
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have the same problem with the calling coming in but the land line
> > still ringing. I have a JIRA issue open with logs and a packet
> > capture.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Stephen C
> > -All of my email addresses go to the same place
> > -Save Paper, think before you print
> >

> > On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM, jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> maybe my freeswitch was running in non-root account. After
> >> re-installation of FS as root and now I was able to dial out via GV.
> >>
> >> issue for dial-in by call GV number: extension 1000 is ringing, answer
> >> the call in x-lite client, land-line phone side still hears ringing
> >> sound, then shortly the call get disconnect
> >>
> >> -jesse

Re: Need help testing GV features

Brian West
Um this works on my polycom... I press 1 to accept and it connects the call.  So I know that works fine.

/b

The call presentation can be disabled through your GV account -> Settings -> Calls -> Call Screening -> Off.
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.

Re: Need help testing GV features

stephen at stephenjc
I had the call screening off and the call was never properly answered.
I have re-enabled call screening and put below in my dial plan and now
google voice properly stops ringing and interacts with my script, but
i have noticed that i cannot send any dtmf from google. Do i need to
enable inband dtmf detection?

        <condition field="caller_id_name" expression"^(Google Voice)$">
                <action application="log" data="Google Voice Call"/>
                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
                <action application="send_dtmf" data="1" />
                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
        </condition>

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM, mazilo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anthony Cosgrove wrote:
>>
>> On another note, GV is expecting you to press 1 to take the call or 2 to
>> send to voicemail. It seems the minute FS accepts the call whether or
>> not you have answered the channel GV is expecting that input.
> The call presentation can be disabled through your GV account -> Settings ->
> Calls -> Call Screening -> Off.
>
> -----
> don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
> but not when used together.

Re: Need help testing GV features

stephen at stephenjc
I answered my own question.

        <condition field="caller_id_name" expression"^(Google Voice)$">
                <action application="log" data="Google Voice Call"/>
                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
                <action application="send_dtmf" data="1" />
                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
                <action application="start_dtmf" />
        </condition>
Thanks,
Stephen C
-All of my email addresses go to the same place
-Save Paper, think before you print

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:12 PM, stephen at stephenjc
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had the call screening off and the call was never properly answered.
> I have re-enabled call screening and put below in my dial plan and now
> google voice properly stops ringing and interacts with my script, but
> i have noticed that i cannot send any dtmf from google. Do i need to
> enable inband dtmf detection?
>
>        <condition field="caller_id_name" expression"^(Google Voice)$">
>                <action application="log" data="Google Voice Call"/>
>                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
>                <action application="send_dtmf" data="1" />
>                <action application="sleep" data="1000" />
>        </condition>
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen C
> -All of my email addresses go to the same place
> -Save Paper, think before you print
>

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM, mazilo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Anthony Cosgrove wrote:
>>>
>>> On another note, GV is expecting you to press 1 to take the call or 2 to
>>> send to voicemail. It seems the minute FS accepts the call whether or
>>> not you have answered the channel GV is expecting that input.
>> The call presentation can be disabled through your GV account -> Settings ->
>> Calls -> Call Screening -> Off.
>>
>> -----
>> don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
>> but not when used together.

Re: Need help testing GV features

mercutioviz
Possibly. I did test DTMFs with this but only so far as I could see the DTMFs showing up on the command line. I didn't actually try an autoattendant or bind_meta_app.
-MC