Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian West
Dear FreeSWITCHERS,
        If you have a color fax machine with REAL COPPER OLD SCHOOL PSTN connectivity please respond with your phone number... I want to test if I can send you a color fax .. that is if you wanna test it out with me pretty please.  (US ONLY)

Brian West
[hidden email]
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531
Twitter: @FreeSWITCH_Wire (Follow us today!)
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

João Mesquita-2
:( Argentina won't suffice? :D

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Brian West <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gilad Abada
Hey Brian,

--

SteadFast Telecommunications, Inc.

Call us to find out how much you can save with VoIP!

V: 212.589.1001

For over 35 years, Steadfast Telecommunications has been providing state-of-the-art communications technology to businesses and government agencies - large and small. Steadfast Telecommunications tailors Unified Communications and Voice-Over IP Solutions to single-site offices or multi-site and worldwide enterprises. Make your virtual office a reality. Enjoy the freedom to travel while remaining connected to your office.

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM, João Mesquita wrote:

[...]

Sorry…

Hey Brian,

Message me on IRC I have one setup for you to play with.

Gill

--

SteadFast Telecommunications, Inc.

Call us to find out how much you can save with VoIP!

V: 212.589.1001

For over 35 years, Steadfast Telecommunications has been providing state-of-the-art communications technology to businesses and government agencies - large and small. Steadfast Telecommunications tailors Unified Communications and Voice-Over IP Solutions to single-site offices or multi-site and worldwide enterprises. Make your virtual office a reality. Enjoy the freedom to travel while remaining connected to your office.

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Gilad Abada wrote:

Hey Brian,

[...]

Brian Foster-2

Damn. T38 only here.

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Rep.
Davri Investments, Inc.
O: 317-787-2686 x2102
M: 317-600-9753
E: [hidden email]
Indianapolis, Indiana

Sent from a mobile device.

On Aug 21, 2013 2:42 PM, "Gilad Abada" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Brian,

--

SteadFast Telecommunications, Inc.

Call us to find out how much you can save with VoIP!

V: <a href="tel:212.589.1001" value="+12125891001" target="_blank">212.589.1001

[...]

T: <a href="tel:%2B1.918.420.9001" value="+19184209001" target="_blank">+1.918.420.9001  |  F: <a href="tel:%2B1.918.420.9002" value="+19184209002" target="_blank">+1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: <a href="tel:%2B883%205100%201420%209001" value="+883510014209001" target="_blank">+883 5100 1420 9001
[...]

Ken Rice-2
Re: [Freeswitch-users] Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing) What do you think he is testing now? heh

consulting@...
http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@...

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com
http://www.OSTAG.org
irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Steve Underwood
On 08/22/2013 04:28 AM, Vik Killa wrote:
> FS cannot send color faxes yet?

Very few computer FAX platforms can send or receive colour FAXes. As of
this week FS can, but the support should be treated as experimental at
this stage.

It seems like colour FAX should be trivial, if you have error corrected
FAX support, but it isn't. The developers of the colour FAX standard
chose to use JPEG compression, but with a very unusual colour
representation. This means you need to develop a messy bunch of code if
you want the user to be able to work with conventional colour image
files on their computers. It is this support which we are shaking out
now. When its looking stable I will add the relevant information about
controlling colour FAXes to the wiki pages.

Regards,
Steve

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

João Mesquita-2
Go Steve! Thank you for your efforts and making it OSS.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2013, at 11:32 PM, Steve Underwood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/22/2013 04:28 AM, Vik Killa wrote:
>> FS cannot send color faxes yet?
> Very few computer FAX platforms can send or receive colour FAXes. As of
> this week FS can, but the support should be treated as experimental at
> this stage.
>
> It seems like colour FAX should be trivial, if you have error corrected
> FAX support, but it isn't. The developers of the colour FAX standard
> chose to use JPEG compression, but with a very unusual colour
> representation. This means you need to develop a messy bunch of code if
> you want the user to be able to work with conventional colour image
> files on their computers. It is this support which we are shaking out
> now. When its looking stable I will add the relevant information about
> controlling colour FAXes to the wiki pages.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian Foster-2

The very definition of awesome. I can't believe I'm this excited over a (supposedly) dying technology.

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Rep.
Davri Investments, Inc.
O: 317-787-2686 x2102
M: 317-600-9753
E: [hidden email]
Indianapolis, Indiana

Sent from a mobile device.

On Aug 21, 2013 10:38 PM, "Steve Underwood" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/22/2013 04:28 AM, Vik Killa wrote:
> FS cannot send color faxes yet?

Very few computer FAX platforms can send or receive colour FAXes. As of
this week FS can, but the support should be treated as experimental at
this stage.

It seems like colour FAX should be trivial, if you have error corrected
FAX support, but it isn't. The developers of the colour FAX standard
chose to use JPEG compression, but with a very unusual colour
representation. This means you need to develop a messy bunch of code if
you want the user to be able to work with conventional colour image
files on their computers. It is this support which we are shaking out
now. When its looking stable I will add the relevant information about
controlling colour FAXes to the wiki pages.

Regards,
Steve

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian West
It will work on T.38 just fine as long as ECM is supported.

/b

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>>
>>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org

>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>
>> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
>> http://www.cudatel.com
>>
>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>
>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.freeswitch.org

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian West
But it can.  I did one yesterday LULZ!

On Aug 21, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Vik Killa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FS cannot send color faxes yet?
>
> <snip>
> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian West
Faxes will not die anytime in the next 30 years.

On Aug 22, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Brian Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The very definition of awesome. I can't believe I'm this excited over a (supposedly) dying technology.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian Foster
> Project Manager/Owner's Rep.
> Davri Investments, Inc.
> O: 317-787-2686 x2102
> M: 317-600-9753
> E: [hidden email]
> Indianapolis, Indiana
>
> Sent from a mobile device.
>
> On Aug 21, 2013 10:38 PM, "Steve Underwood" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 08/22/2013 04:28 AM, Vik Killa wrote:
> > FS cannot send color faxes yet?
> >
> Very few computer FAX platforms can send or receive colour FAXes. As of
> this week FS can, but the support should be treated as experimental at
> this stage.
>
> It seems like colour FAX should be trivial, if you have error corrected
> FAX support, but it isn't. The developers of the colour FAX standard
> chose to use JPEG compression, but with a very unusual colour
> representation. This means you need to develop a messy bunch of code if
> you want the user to be able to work with conventional colour image
> files on their computers. It is this support which we are shaking out
> now. When its looking stable I will add the relevant information about
> controlling colour FAXes to the wiki pages.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian West
HEY there is this think called EMAIL.. I'm sure you've heard about it! lulu

/b
PS it will work if you're that crazy.

On Aug 22, 2013, at 12:47 PM, Vik Killa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What about color faxing from FS to FS?
> <snip>

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Brian Foster-2

Hey many people who I work with have no clue what email is... hence the reason I receive 10-20 faxes a day just for me.

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Rep.
Davri Investments, Inc.
O: 317-787-2686 x2102
M: 317-600-9753
E: [hidden email]
Indianapolis, Indiana

Sent from a mobile device.

On Aug 22, 2013 5:48 PM, "Brian West" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Faxes will not die anytime in the next 30 years.

On Aug 22, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Brian Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The very definition of awesome. I can't believe I'm this excited over a (supposedly) dying technology.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian Foster
> Project Manager/Owner's Rep.
> Davri Investments, Inc.
> O: <a href="tel:317-787-2686%20x2102" value="+13177872686">317-787-2686 x2102
> M: <a href="tel:317-600-9753" value="+13176009753">317-600-9753
> E: [hidden email]
> Indianapolis, Indiana
>
> Sent from a mobile device.
>
> On Aug 21, 2013 10:38 PM, "Steve Underwood" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 08/22/2013 04:28 AM, Vik Killa wrote:
> > FS cannot send color faxes yet?
> >
> Very few computer FAX platforms can send or receive colour FAXes. As of
> this week FS can, but the support should be treated as experimental at
> this stage.
>
> It seems like colour FAX should be trivial, if you have error corrected
> FAX support, but it isn't. The developers of the colour FAX standard
> chose to use JPEG compression, but with a very unusual colour
> representation. This means you need to develop a messy bunch of code if
> you want the user to be able to work with conventional colour image
> files on their computers. It is this support which we are shaking out
> now. When its looking stable I will add the relevant information about
> controlling colour FAXes to the wiki pages.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Need Test Subjects (Color Fax Testing)

Vik Killa
BKW, just wondering if anyone has tested that yet :)