Minimal configuration for new projects

Stanislav Sinyagin
I got bored with cleaning up the vanilla configuration one more time, so I created this Github repo as a base for new projects:

https://github.com/xlab1/freeswitch_conf_minimal

This is a FreeSWITCH configuration which is completely free from features and predefined stuff (with a small exception in the public context).

feel free to use as you like.

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Brian West
Why not open a JIRA to have your config included in the samples in tree?
--
Brian West
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)

On Sep 28, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Stanislav Sinyagin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

you're right, that one was copied from another project.
Now I replaced the SIP profiles with the ones from vanilla config, and only commented out the single-domain force statements.

I don't mind if it's included in the samples tree as soon as it's finalized. Maybe we should give it few months to crystallize :)

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Eugene Prokopiev-2
I have another configuration from scratch, almost independent of the
vanilla. There are no comments, default values, and optional modules.

Configuration includes three user accounts, switching between them and
uplink. The idea is to have the minimal working and browsable
configuration in a single file, which can be extended only when
necessary.

I have already talked about this but I was told that this example is
not interesting - http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4874

--
WBR,
Eugene Prokopiev

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Brian West
You were NOT told it wasn't interesting at all.  You were told it was very similar to the soft phone example thats included which is the simplest config sample in tree.
--
Brian West
[hidden email]
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest

On Sep 30, 2013, at 7:34 AM, Eugene Prokopiev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have another configuration from scratch, almost independent of the
> vanilla. There are no comments, default values, and optional modules.
>
> Configuration includes three user accounts, switching between them and
> uplink. The idea is to have the minimal working and browsable
> configuration in a single file, which can be extended only when
> necessary.
>
> I have already talked about this but I was told that this example is
> not interesting - http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4874
>
> --
> WBR,
> Eugene Prokopiev

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Stanislav Sinyagin
looks quite extreme :)
My purpose was to have a starting template for new projects, so I preserved the file structure, just removed unnecessary stuff.

In what situation would you need a single file? I can't figure out a scenario where this would be more beneficial than multiple files.

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Anthony Minessale
We aim to support many config sets. Work on it and submit them.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Brian West <[hidden email]> wrote:
You were NOT told it wasn't interesting at all.  You were told it was very similar to the soft phone example thats included which is the simplest config sample in tree.
--
Brian West
[hidden email]
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531
Twitter: @FreeSWITCH_Wire , @briankwest
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

T: <a href="tel:%2B1.918.420.9001" value="+19184209001">+1.918.420.9001  |  F: <a href="tel:%2B1.918.420.9002" value="+19184209002">+1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: <a href="tel:%2B883%205100%201420%209001" value="+883510014209001">+883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)

On Sep 30, 2013, at 7:34 AM, Eugene Prokopiev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have another configuration from scratch, almost independent of the
> vanilla. There are no comments, default values, and optional modules.
>
> Configuration includes three user accounts, switching between them and
> uplink. The idea is to have the minimal working and browsable
> configuration in a single file, which can be extended only when
> necessary.
>
> I have already talked about this but I was told that this example is
> not interesting - http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4874
>
> --
> WBR,
> Eugene Prokopiev

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> http://www.freeswitch.org
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> http://www.freeswitch.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
[hidden email]
GTALK/JABBER/[hidden email]
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
pstn:+19193869900

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Minimal configuration for new projects

Jeff Leung
I remember submitting a similar one here a while ago... I'll check back on my local git repo and see if I still have my minimal PBX config...

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
MSN:[hidden email]
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:[hidden email]
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:[hidden email]
googletalk:[hidden email]
pstn:+19193869900

winmail.dat (6K) Download Attachment

2013/10/1 Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]>:

> We aim to support many config sets. Work on it and submit them.

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Brian West <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> You were NOT told it wasn't interesting at all.  You were told it was very
>> similar to the soft phone example thats included which is the simplest
>> config sample in tree.

The main difference with soft phone example configuration is ready for
simple sip server installation. I need only sofia and dialplan
sections for this task. Soft phone example configuration contains
portaudio, enum and cdr sections.

So, I reopened my issue.

--
WBR,
Eugene Prokopiev

2013/9/30 Stanislav Sinyagin <[hidden email]>:

> looks quite extreme :)
> My purpose was to have a starting template for new projects, so I preserved
> the file structure, just removed unnecessary stuff.
>
> In what situation would you need a single file? I can't figure out a
> scenario where this would be more beneficial than multiple files.

One file is not goal. My goal is minimal size without default values
for easier reading and use git for tracking configuration changes.
Some sections can be extracted into separate files while main
configuration file growth.

--
WBR,
Eugene Prokopiev