Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Danny Gershman
So I have an INVITE that comes in that doesn’t have SDP in it. I have the “enable-3pcc” turned on so FreeSWITCH does respond properly. So then it responds with SDP allocating an endpoint. Then I take that SDP information and I turn around and send a new INVITE with the SDP in it. The hopes is that this endpoint is then bridges to a new endpoint. Essentially Freeswitch is connected to itself.

Here is the pastebin - http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/21327

Look at the CreatePlayConnectionForConference:1 in the User-Agent field.  And then look at the CreatePlayConnectionForConference:2.  Those two are supposed be linked together with RTP.

Danny Gershman
Principal Engineer
Cinchcast
475 Park Avenue South, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10016
646.807.0840 (o)
973.931.6239 (c)

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Michael Jerris
Administrator
The ports assigned in that sdp are for the session that sends it only… you can't just re-use them on a different invite.  Can you try to explain a bit more what you are trying to accomplish?

Mike

Danny Gershman
I am trying to bridge the audio from two (or more) conferences together.  By allocating an endpoint I can then join that to one conference and then join the other endpoint in a different conference.

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Michael Jerris
Administrator
Are you trying to manually do what bypass_media does?

On Sep 23, 2013, at 12:13 PM, radius314 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to bridge the audio from two (or more) conferences together.  By
> allocating an endpoint I can then join that to one conference and then join
> the other endpoint in a different conference.

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Brian West
I get the impression you're trying to scale a conference call to say 1000 participants? And you've done this on a single box with 500 people and its not performing like you'd hoped?

--
Brian West
[hidden email]

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)

Danny Gershman
Although that is not exactly what I'm headed toward, that is a good explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Brian West
I think you need to use a combo of shoutcast + conf auto record recording, raising of the hand and distributed listen only members. This will get complex very rapidly.  Its probably better that you show up at our weekly meeting to talk about this.  Wednesday at noon central,  sip:[hidden email]

/b

On Sep 23, 2013, at 2:52 PM, radius314 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Although that is not exactly what I'm headed toward, that is a good
> explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish.

--
Brian West
[hidden email]
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531
Twitter: @FreeSWITCH_Wire , @briankwest
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Danny Gershman
Ok I have been able to do it on one server for now with loopback (which is sufficient for the time being).  The issue I’m running into now is that both conferences are in 48kHz, but the loopback codec is 8kHz.  I tried to this to see if I could increase call quality, but it didn’t change anything.

originate {loopback_initial_codec=L16@16000h}loopback/3301 3302

Danny Gershman
Principal Engineer
Cinchcast
275 7th, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10001
646.807.0840 (o)
973.931.6239 (c)

From: "Brian West [via freeswitch-users]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, September 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM
To: Danny Gershman <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

To unsubscribe from Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint, click here.
NAML

Re: Freeswitch RTP endpoint linked to another RTP endpoint

Danny Gershman
Also if you have any other suggestions on how to "merge" two conferences together on the same FS server that would also be useful.