FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

12345

FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Anthony Minessale

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Tamas-2
Cool,
is there any doc/example how to make first step tests? :)
Jalsot

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Wesley Akio
Awesome!

Wesley Akio
TuntsCorp.com

http://slashdot.org/submission/2750655/freeswitch-project-releases-version-14-beta-with-webrtc-media-support

--
Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm
[hidden email]
GTALK/JABBER/[hidden email]
IRC: irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
pstn:<a href="tel:%2B19193869900" value="+19193869900" target="_blank">+19193869900

[...]

Only real mod is if you want to use sip over websocket by adding this in sofia profile:

    <!-- uncomment for sip over websocket support -->
    <!--<param name="ws-binding"  value=":5066"/>-->

    <!-- uncomment for sip over secure websocket support -->
    <!-- You need wss.pem in /usr/local/freeswitch/certs for wss -->
    <!--<param name="wss-binding" value=":7443"/>-->

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Tamas Jalsovszky <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

pstn:+19193869900

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Dan Barua
I asked the same question on Google+, Michael Jerris helpfully replied:

you just need to setup FreeSWITCH as normal, and add 2 configuration params for the binding addresses for the websockets and secure websockets.  the params are ws-binding and wss-binding format is ip:port or just :port if your using the same ip as sip-ip

I haven't got round to trying it myself yet.

-Dan

Re: FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Jeff Leung
Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Zenny
Very cool!

On 6/25/13, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Michael Jerris
Administrator
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

João Mesquita-2
Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

I suspect if you do transport param like transport=ws it would work but I haven't tried that.  I'm not sure why it would be desirable because you can't create outbound websocket connections, so why would you want it on a different profile?

On Jun 26, 2013, at 9:28 AM, João Mesquita <[hidden email]> wrote:

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Gerald Weber

how did you get audio working ?

I’ve also tried jssip and latest chrome and sip works, but there is no audio. Codecs like opus,   ilbc and isac are installed.

In the dialplan i set sip_secure_media=true but the speaker stays silent. I’ve tried ws and wss bindings but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions,

gw

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:

Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

<base href="x-msg://46123/">why would you set sip_secure_media?

On Jun 26, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Gerald Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

how did you get audio working ?
I’ve also tried jssip and latest chrome and sip works, but there is no audio. Codecs like opus,   ilbc and isac are installed.
In the dialplan i set sip_secure_media=true but the speaker stays silent. I’ve tried ws and wss bindings but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions,
gw

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

You don't have to set anything in the dialplan.
Get a debug console trace and post it to pastebin.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Gerald Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

how did you get audio working ?

I’ve also tried jssip and latest chrome and sip works, but there is no audio. Codecs like opus,   ilbc and isac are installed.

In the dialplan i set sip_secure_media=true but the speaker stays silent. I’ve tried ws and wss bindings but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions,

gw

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:

Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

I was thinking mostly on separating roles. Think of a site that would have a click to call feature that has webrtc on it. You would want to have that profile completely secured and isolated from any other connection, right?

Regards

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suspect if you do transport param like transport=ws it would work but I haven't tried that.  I'm not sure why it would be desirable because you can't create outbound websocket connections, so why would you want it on a different profile?

On Jun 26, 2013, at 9:28 AM, João Mesquita <[hidden email]> wrote:

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Did you use the api from scratch or did you use their example site as base? I tried with the bare API and had the same behavior as you did, but after I tried with the example as base and it worked, I assumed that I was doing something wrong.

Also, JsSip has 0.3 and 0.2, I am working with 0.2 and it seems that 0.3 has API changes...

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Gerald Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

how did you get audio working ?

I’ve also tried jssip and latest chrome and sip works, but there is no audio. Codecs like opus,   ilbc and isac are installed.

In the dialplan i set sip_secure_media=true but the speaker stays silent. I’ve tried ws and wss bindings but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions,

gw

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:

Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

Kristian Kielhofner-3
I've successfully used 0.2 and 0.3.

--
Kristian Kielhofner

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: FreeSWITCH adds WebRTC support to new 1.4 BETA.

Gerald Weber

I’m building my test from scratch using jssip 0.3.

Maybe i’m going to try it with the demo provided.

Thanks,

gw

Whooray!!!! I've installed the new beta yesterday and tried it out with Chrome+JsSIP and it works fantastic!!!

One question tho, is it possible/desirable to have a sofia profile to work only with webrtc and not with udp or tcp bindings?

I haven't tried and I guess I should've before asking dumb questions but....

João Mesquita
FreeSWITCH™ Solutions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anthony Minessale <[hidden email]> wrote:

Now also working in latest FireFox 22

sipml5 works with both chrome and FF

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media is not handled by websockets.  Web-sockets are a new transport for sip signaling.  If an endpoint registers from a websocket transport, when we send it a call, we automatically send it an sdp appropriate for webrtc.  If you want to send a call with an sdp for webrtc that isn't for a registration over websockets, just add media_webrtc=true var to the origination vars.  If we receive an sdp from webrtc, we will automatically handle it.

Mike

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Jeff Leung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Media wise, how would that be handled with web sockets?

I got rid of sip_secure_media and tried again, here is the trace:

http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/21116

SIP User 2020 on Chrome calls Ext 20000 (the funny prompts thing)

I’m no expert, but i guess there is something wrong with this stun/run/ice thing…

Thanks,

gw