Eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces

Maciej Aniserowicz
Hello,
Is it possible to eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces? I have CallA parked on FS1 and want to eavesdrop on CallB that is on FS2. I have both channel ids.

I tried transfering CallA to FS2, intercept CallB in FS2 dialplan and then eavesdrop in inline dialplan, but this does not work (however it works with bridging). Can I make it work somehow?

Best regards,
Maciej Aniserowicz

Re: Eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces

Steven Ayre
You can't eavesdrop on a call that's going through another server, because you're not in the media path.

As a possible workaround, it would be possible to dial into FS2 from FS1 into a special context (which can be done either by using a different profile for this, or setting the context in the user directory for a special fs-to-fs user) and do the eavesdrop on FS2 that way. You could use the sip-X_* variables to send the UUID to eavesdrop on to FS2 in the INVITE from FS1.

-Steve

On 2 June 2011 19:28, Maciej Aniserowicz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces? I have CallA parked on
FS1 and want to eavesdrop on CallB that is on FS2. I have both channel ids.

I tried transfering CallA to FS2, intercept CallB in FS2 dialplan and then
eavesdrop in inline dialplan, but this does not work (however it works with
bridging). Can I make it work somehow?

Best regards,
Maciej Aniserowicz

Re: Eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces

Maciej Aniserowicz
Hi Steve,
Thanks for interest.

Yes, i figured out that i cannot eavesdrop any 'easy' way. I tried the approach you described (dialing into FS2 to a special context and passing sip-h_X header). In fact i use this to bridge calls on different FSes. But while i managed to get it working with bridging, i cannot find a way to do eavesdropping.

With bridging I send:
uuid_transfer [CallA channel] bridge:{sip_h_X-target_channel_id=[CallB channel]}sofia/bridging/123456@ip:port,park inline

Then FS2 in dialplan for 123456 extracts target channel id from sip header and intercepts it:
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456)$">
    <action application="intercept" data="${sip_h_X-target_channel_id}" />
</condition>

What actions should i define in FS2 dialplan for eavesdropping? What inline dialplan should i send in dial string? I'm stuck here.

Re: Eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces

Steven Ayre
I think you want the eavesdrop app:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_eavesdrop

Intercept takes over the call. Eavesdrop just silently listens in.

-Steve

On 3 June 2011 14:01, Maciej Aniserowicz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, I tried this also...
3 applications are needed here:

(command sent to FS1)
[app1] [CallA channel] [app2]:{sip_h_X-target_channel_id=[CallB
 channel]}sofia/bridging/123456@ip:port,park inline

(dialplan in FS2)
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456)$">
    <action application="<b>app3" data="${sip_h_X-target_channel_id}" />
 </condition>

app1 is uuid_transfer
app3 is eavesdrop
app2...? I cannot find anything that fits in here.

MA

Steven Ayre wrote
I think you want the eavesdrop app:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_eavesdrop

Intercept takes over the call. Eavesdrop just silently listens in.

-Steve

On 3 June 2011 14:01, Maciej Aniserowicz <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for interest.
>
> Yes, i figured out that i cannot eavesdrop any 'easy' way. I tried the
> approach you described (dialing into FS2 to a special context and passing
> sip-h_X header). In fact i use this to bridge calls on different FSes. But
> while i managed to get it working with bridging, i cannot find a way to do
> eavesdropping.
>
> With bridging I send:
> uuid_transfer [CallA channel] bridge:{sip_h_X-target_channel_id=[CallB
> channel]}sofia/bridging/123456@ip:port,park inline
>
> Then FS2 in dialplan for 123456 extracts target channel id from sip header
> and intercepts it:
> <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456)$">
>    <action application="intercept" data="${sip_h_X-target_channel_id}" />
> </condition>
>
> What actions should i define in FS2 dialplan for eavesdropping? What inline
> dialplan should i send in dial string? I'm stuck here.

Re: Eavesdrop between 2 FS instaces

Steven Ayre
Try something like this:

FS1:
uuid_broadcast <uuid>
bridge:{sip_h_X-target_
channel_id=<uuid>}sofia/bridging/123456@ip:port aleg

FS2:
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456)$">
  <action application="eavesdrop" data="${sip_h_X-target_channel_id}" />
</condition>

-Steve

On 14 June 2011 08:40, Maciej Aniserowicz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I tried this also...
3 applications are needed here:

(command sent to FS1)
[app1] [CallA channel] [app2]:{sip_h_X-target_channel_id=[CallB
 channel]}sofia/bridging/123456@ip:port,park inline

(dialplan in FS2)
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456)$">
   &lt;action application=&quot;&lt;b&gt;app3"