Configurable Hold Music while conference in freeswitch

Configurable Hold Music while conference in freeswitch

Harsimran singh
Hi,
I want play configurable hold sound while conference using freeswitch.
I am using "moh-sound" variable in conference.conf.xml as follows.

<param name="moh-sound" value="/srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3"/>

The uuid is the variable "variable_uuid" in the events comes from freeswitch,but the freeswitch is unable to expand this variable and error comes as follows :

[ERR] mod_shout.c:683 Error opening /srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3
[ERR] mod_shout.c:862 Error from mpg123: File access error. (code 22)

Freeswitch is not able to expand the variable as variable exists and the file which i want to play also exists.

Can anybody help me out in this ?

With Regards

Harsimran Singh
+91-9711271158

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Configurable Hold Music while conference in freeswitch

Michael Jerris
Administrator
the conference param moh_sound is per conference, not per user.  It currently will not use channel variables to attempt to expand this variable.  It does appear it will use globals if they are set.

On Oct 23, 2013, at 2:21 AM, Harsimran singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want play configurable hold sound while conference using freeswitch.
> I am using "moh-sound" variable in conference.conf.xml as follows.
>
> <param name="moh-sound" value="/srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3"/>
>
> The uuid is the variable "variable_uuid" in the events comes from freeswitch,but the freeswitch is unable to expand this variable and error comes as follows :
>
> [ERR] mod_shout.c:683 Error opening /srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3
> [ERR] mod_shout.c:862 Error from mpg123: File access error. (code 22)
>
> Freeswitch is not able to expand the variable as variable exists and the file which i want to play also exists.
>
> Can anybody help me out in this ?
>
> With Regards
>
> Harsimran Singh
> +91-9711271158

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Configurable Hold Music while conference in freeswitch

Harsimran singh
Hi Michael ,
Thanks for the reply.
It is agreed that moh-sound variable is per conference not per user.
So How can i set the global values for moh-sound so that i can use different moh-sound for each conference ?

Thanks

With Regards

Harsimran Singh
+91-9711271158

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Michael Jerris <[hidden email]> wrote:
the conference param moh_sound is per conference, not per user.  It currently will not use channel variables to attempt to expand this variable.  It does appear it will use globals if they are set.

On Oct 23, 2013, at 2:21 AM, Harsimran singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want play configurable hold sound while conference using freeswitch.
> I am using "moh-sound" variable in conference.conf.xml as follows.
>
> <param name="moh-sound" value="/srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3"/>
>
> The uuid is the variable "variable_uuid" in the events comes from freeswitch,but the freeswitch is unable to expand this variable and error comes as follows :
>
> [ERR] mod_shout.c:683 Error opening /srv/sounds/${uuid}/knowlus_hold_music.mp3
> [ERR] mod_shout.c:862 Error from mpg123: File access error. (code 22)
>
> Freeswitch is not able to expand the variable as variable exists and the file which i want to play also exists.
>
> Can anybody help me out in this ?
>
> With Regards
>
> Harsimran Singh
> +91-9711271158

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Configurable Hold Music while conference in freeswitch

Michael Jerris
Administrator
you can't use a variable to do that, you can make different conference profiles for each one you want and references the right profile in the dialplan.