Capturing errors

alexlake
If viewing fs_cli and there's a nasty error (eg. in a lua script) you
can see some red text flash by.
Is there a good way to capture this into a file?

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Capturing errors

Brian West
Is it not in freeswitch.log already?

/b

On Sep 25, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Alex Lake <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If viewing fs_cli and there's a nasty error (eg. in a lua script) you
> can see some red text flash by.
> Is there a good way to capture this into a file?

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Capturing errors

alexlake
Yes it is indeed, thanks.

I'm getting some strange lines in my logfile. Maybe some artefact of fshup?
I expect most of my lines to begin with a session reference (where it's a session-related log) and then have the log itself.
However, I'm encountering some that have a prefix, typically like "variable_transfer_so66ac3545-2a10-44d1-8977-9d0db02d3423"
This is admittedly an old version of Freeswitch  (1.2.0) - don't suppose it's easy to find out if it has been fixed ?

Is it not in freeswitch.log already?

/b

On Sep 25, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Alex Lake [hidden email] wrote:

If viewing fs_cli and there's a nasty error (eg. in a lua script) you
can see some red text flash by.
Is there a good way to capture this into a file?

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

-----
No virus found in this message.

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Capturing errors

mercutioviz
If you could do an installation in a VM or something like that then you'd be in a better place for testing without breaking anything in production. Unfortunately there's no substitution for actually testing it yourself in your environment with your traffic...

-MC

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Alex Lake <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com
http://www.OSTAG.org

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

Re: Capturing errors

alexlake
Sure. I've got plenty of environments suitable for that kind of thing. Even the cheap boxes from Hetzner are perfectly good enough.
Is 1.3 a bit of a dead end? I'm installing 1.2 stable but I suppose 1.4 will be "stable" soon.